Home pregnancy test, positive result, previous abortion through pills. Safe to use pills to abort ?

hello i had home pregnancy test done result came positive i want an abortion as my boyfriend and i dont want a child now but my question is one and half year back also i opted for the abortion method by pills if i use it again will it reduce my chances for future pregnancy?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Regular abortion is not a good idea at all as it predisposes the uterus to injury, infection and trauma.

It can affect future pregnancies at times in some cases as it also causes disturbances in the normal hormonal levels.
If necessary kindly do it under Medical supervision as after taking the pills sometimes heavy bleeding can cause the patient to go in shock and also chances of infection/incomplete abortion are present.

Consider using regular contraceptive options as condom,pills, IUD for pregnancy prevention.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.