Hit the bottom lip. There is a chunk of meat hanging. Will it heal by itself?

Hi I was hit in the bottom lip with a hard frisbee. When I was hit my teeth cut into my bottom lip, the cut has left a relatively big size chunk of meat hanging in my mouth. I was wondering if the lip will heal itself back together or is there something that needs to be done.
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 17 minutes later
Hi there and I am sorry to hear about your injury.

I will advise you that part of meat that is hanging in your mouth need to be cut off from healthy tissue under local anesthesia or it will be stitched to its original place but dr who will examine your mouth will decide what procedure is best for you,so you should consult your dr go through local examination and proceed further accordingly.

Regards and wish you good health.
Don't forget to leave positive feedback for me.