Hit in the eye, top lid swollen. Hurts looking in any kind of light. How to ease the pain?

Feb 2013

Hi, I was hit in the eye last night and the top lid was swollen which made my eye close almost all the way, today I m able to open it all the way but it hurts really bad when I look at any kind of light, phone screen,computer screen, tv screen, or if I go outside, and the sun XXXXXXX t have to be out and it still hurts, will this eventually go away or is there something I can do to ease the pain when I am in a lighted area? Thanks.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 12 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The swollen upper lid is due to collection of fluid by the hit.

Hurting of the eye when you look at any king of light, screens due to mild injury to the cornea of the eye.

For pain, you can take an oral analgesic like ibuprofen in prescribed dose. Wear sunglasses when you are going out.

Application of ice packs in a clean cloth on the closed eye will lead to decreased pain and swelling of the upper lid.

This symptoms eventually go away.

And physical examination of the eye by an Eye specialist is needed to look for any injury to cornea, and the other parts of eye.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.