History of stomach pain, epididymitis. Now have abdominal pain, abnormal stools, gas, tiredness. What do you think?

Feb 2013

41 year old male. First had right stomach pain in march of 2010 had a ct done abdomen was fine.

5 months ago had a problem with my right testicle after having sex. Went to the doctor was diagnosed with epidytemitis given cipro. Pain did clear up . 3 months later I had the same exact thing happen again this time they did an ultrasound of my testicles. Result were benign
Now 2 weeks later we are back to stomach pain. Nagging pain right where you would think appendix . Labs and urine are normal. Pain is nagging. Usually lower right side but sometimes right of my belly button
The only other change is my stools. They do not seem full. Not normal. But not bad

I have right side pain
Gurgling noises
Somewhat irregular stools
Some feeling of being tired. But still golfing and hunting
I also had heart burn that got a lot better after taking Prilosec
I thought maybe that caused all this

Pain does not wake me up no night sweats or itching
No weight loss

One episode of reflux into mouth in the middle of the night

Very frustrated

What do you think?

I am not a heavy drinker and I do not smoke

I walk many miles a week golfing and hunting

I am adopted so no family history
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The right side lower abdominal pain, gurgling noises, and irregular stools are suggestive of some infective pathology of the junction of ileo-caecum.

The cause for this infection could be a nonspecific virus, protozoal like entameba, or some times a bacteria.

I advise you to go for stool routine examination, stool for culture and sensitivity to know the pathogen, and ultrasound abdomen and pelvis to rule out any local pathology there after consulting your Doctor.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.