History of miscarriage. Have low progesterone level, taking Clomid, done ovulation testing. What do you think?

Infertility Specialist
I am a 29 y/o woman who has been trying to conceive and having great difficulty. I am emotionally exhausted and unsure what might be wrong with me. I have had two miscarriages and they were over one year ago. Each time I lost the fetus around 8 weeks after conception. I have been doing everything by OB/GYN tells me to do, but I am feeling like my health care providers do not answer my questions. I have done ovulation testing and they tell me I am ovulating. My progesterone levels are low. They test me 21 days after ovulation. I have been taking Clomid. The first two months I took 50mg and the last month I took 100mg. My progestrone level was 12.6 the first time, 13.2 the second time and 9.0 today. Please tell me what you think about my situation.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply :1) Your progesterone levels are low. But it can definitely be corrected by taking progesterone suppliments after ovulation. 2) You are on right treatment. Continue taking clomid and get follicular growth scan done to see ovulation & best time to try for pregnancy. 3) If you are unable to conceive naturally try for IUI (Intrauterine insemination). It helps. 4) Once you get pregnant special care can be taken to prevent abortions. 5) Dont loose hopes. You are still young and have good chance of healthy pregnancy. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist