History of gerd. Have lump in throat. Experiencing esophagus and chest pain when swallowing. Any ideas?

Question
I have a long history with gerd. 3 days I started experiencing not pain when initially swallowing but as the food passes down the eosohagus just before it enters the stomach . It then radiates on my chest. Also feels like I have a lump in ny throat and my glands feel tender in my neck.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 4 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

The possibilities of the symptoms that you have described could be due to 1. infection in the esophagus-stomach 2. constriction or a growth in that area.

This problem can be resolved by a gastroenterologist/ENT specialist who will perform video- endoscopy and if required a biopsy for a definite diagnosis. This will give us the correct diagnosis and once he diagnosis is established, treatment becomes easy.

Hope this clarifies your query
Let me know in case you have any other concern
Best wishes

Follow-up: History of gerd. Have lump in throat. Experiencing esophagus and chest pain when swallowing. Any ideas? 1 hour later
I went to the doctor this morning and they think it is related to my gerd. No mention of a growth. You have me worried are you suggesting cancer?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 24 minutes later

Thanks for the feed back

I understand your concern

It is OK. If your doctor feels that it is GERD, then it is good for you. Get adequately treated for GERD. If symptoms still persists than you may take a second opinion. I did not mean cancer. So many infections can cause pain the way you have described. Please do not worry and stay relaxed.

Hope this helps
Please let me know if I can help you any way
Best wishes