History of Interstitial Cystits. Having pain. Is Pure Alo Vera juice helpful?

Jul 2016

I have a long history of Interstitial Cystits, my main symptoms are pain from an ulcer where the bladder meets the urthra, the trigone and urethritis. I am on pain meds every day. It was suggested in a recent article I read that Pure Alo Vera juice might be helpful to heal the inflammation. I am willing to try it if it is safe. What would you think about this
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take it with guarded results.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have interstitial Cystitis since many years and want to try Aloe Vera Juice .

Aloe Vera juice is a crude extract of leaves of Aloe Vera plant.It has been used in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS),acid reflux and constipation It acts as a soothing agent over ulcers and gives relief from pain but does not help in healing of the ulcers.

Aloe Vera juice will not have any adverse effect and is safe if taken in prescribed dosage .However its efficacy has not been tested in interstitial Cystitis.You can have a trial of this juice keeping in mind that it will not help in healing of the ulcers over trigone.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.