History of Crohns. Done with total colectomy, hysterectomy. Having chronic pancreatitis. Gastrointestinal issue?

61 yr old female, 5'6", 175 lbs., hx of Crohns, total colectomy, hysterectomy (age 31), L side oopherectomy (hemmorghic cystic ovary)--age 45; cholecystectomy, acute pancreatitis. Am going through workup presently for chronic pancreatitis, but haven't addressed chronic pelvic pain (x 2 months) yet, starting on the right side radiating outward. Urinalysis negative for bladder infection. Pain is prickly and/or sharp, congested feeling, comes and goes, but most there with alternating pain variation, sometimes climbing into lower abdomen. Not too much increase in urination. Lots of bloating and swollen tummy. This doesn't feel like a gastrointestinal issue, but I am also wondering if it might be related to the other pain I'm experiencing or adhesions or other ideas--trying to ignore it, but not working.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 7 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thank you for your query.

Lower chronic abdominal pain have various causes.
In case of you, the possible causes are right sided ovarian cyst, adhesion from previous operation, incisional hernia etc.

As history of ovarian cyst is present so right sided cyst should be considered.

Adhesion from previous operation or chronic intestinal obstruction due to adhesion are another two possibility.

Incisional hernia through a weak point of the abdominal wall may cause protrusion of the abdomen.

An USG of the abdomen will help you a lot.
But proper physical examination is needed to exclude incisional hernia & chronic intestinal obstruction.

It is better for you to get examined by your doctor.

I hope I have been some help of you query.
Please write if you have any doubt.