Hip surgery done for labral hip tear, cyst in joint and arthritis. Any procedure for a post-op re-injury?

I recently had a major hip surgery fixing a 4" labral hip tear, a cyst in the joint, and debris/arthritis. Unfortunately, I reinjured my hip breaking up a dog fight and now am showing symptoms of an additional tear: the hip is 'catching' internally, my pain has skyrocketed to an 8-9 consistent level, and I'm incredibly swollen. Do you know the procedure for a post-op (6 weeks out) re-injury?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
You have land up in a great trouble in the joint.
It has pain, swelling and is a post operative joint- all these factors indicate that you can not manage the problem at home or by conservative means.
Reduction also can not be tried in this situation. Rather it is contraindicated because it can lead to more harm than benefit.
You can take over the counter pain killer ULTRACET 6hourly till you review to you orthopedician.
Please get physical examination and imaging studies in the supervision of your Orthopedician and follow the advise.
Delaying can lead to increased troubles.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.