Hip pain, strained hip flexor, inguinal lymph nodes. Suggestion?

Hi am Spc Martinez and in the Army. About 4 weeks ago I went to the doctors for a hip pain. In which the doctors told me that I strained my hip flexor. Now, I think I have inguinal lymph nodes near the area of the strain. Is it normal for a strain in the hip flexor to take forever to heal? And is it normal for lymph nodes to appear were you strained your muscle? I have no medical problems, not allergic to any thing, and never had surgery. I am 21 years old, 5'0 ft tall, and weight 120.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 16 minutes later

Inguinal lymph nodes don't have anything to do with muscles.

They usually enlarge in inflammations/infections; even sub clinical ones which are asymptomatic. Sometimes it could be due to malignancy.

There is nothing to worry about yet. Lymph nodes may enlarge even while infection is healing by itself.You need to follow up with your doctor after 3-4 weeks if they are still enlarged.

Then an additional CT abdomen may need to be done to find the focus of the infection.

The muscle sprain is independant of this. Anti inflammatory drugs and hot fomentation should help.Also some physiotherapy may be required.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have more concern, I am available for follow ups.