High risk sex, purple spot on penis, irritation, red rash, taken Cortizone 10

Question
hi
i am extermly freaked out.31 days ago i had high risk sex,i dont know if she had hiv or herpes.within 4 days i had a nickle sized area on the tip of my penis turn purple.the rest of the head was irrated and was a red rash not raised.also my ball sack turns extremly dark from time to time and burns and itchs,i went and saw 2 diffent doctors one had me try corozone 10 and the other was a fungail cream,both said its not herpes.i feel fine no flue like things at all.its been about 26 days since i got the area and its still there.on the internet hiv rash came up and im freaked out.any thoughts on what it is?also i had a negative hiv antibody test done at 27 days after sex what is the accuracy of such test 50 50 or.i have a pcr test done and am waiting on that
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hi J,

Thanks for your query,

I would not consider it to be herpes or any other STDs as the presentation is quite atypical and also the herpes and other would have presented with toxic symptoms like fever with other associated symptoms much earlier.

I am sure it could not be HIV rashes as they do not present this early, 4 weeks is too early for the HIV infection to show up.

The antibody tests are unreliable within 3 months of exposure, I would advice you to go for PCR test or HIV P24 antigen test which are accurate after one month of exposure.

The purple discoloration you had could be due to contusion sustained during the intercourse and the itching you have is probably be due a fungal infection.Use creams better than fungail like ones containing Micanazole for faster recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: High risk sex, purple spot on penis, irritation, red rash, taken Cortizone 10 3 hours later
sorry just to clearfiy the nickle sized purple spot is still there its been there for a 3 and half weeks,it seems like a few days in that peroid the rest of the head gets red and itchs could this be from fungi to .thanks its really nice to hear that the time frame doesnt match the time fram for hiv rash i feel some what better but am still freaked out of have hiv

thanks doc

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for follow up,

No , I do not consider it to be a fungal infections.

The other attributable cause for the same could be nutritional deficiency of vit B complex group.

I can strongly assure you that it could not be a sign of HIV anyhow.

Get the HIV P24 antigen assay, you will be have a record-able assurance.

Hope I cleared your doubts.