High blood pressure.High sodium diet?

saturday eat bbq chicken, real salty skin. roast beef sunday at noon and sirlon steak sunday. bp has been running 110/75, but was 147\93 today. too much sodium?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I have to agree that the blood pressure elevation may be due to the sodium load from the BBQ. This can persist for several days. Drink plenty of fluids in the form of water for the next few days and the sodium will wash out.

Thanks again for submitting your query. I hope my answer serves to be both informative and helpful. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga