High blood pressure, diabetes, not overweight

my blood pressure was 180 over 104 today,and the nurse just said come back in a week is this ok,i was diagnosed with type two diabetes recentley. i am not overweight
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 46 minutes later

The blood pressure mentioned by you is quite high and considering your age and also being a Diabetic such high BP can lead to complications as Stroke, Neuropathy, Heart issues etc.

You need to be under observation and require continuous monitoring of Blood pressure along with investigations as Blood test, ECG, stress test.

The blood pressure is to be lowered initially by means of medications which might be administered in injectable form.

Kindly visit an ER so that you can be monitored regularly and also to avoid any complications.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up if any.