High blood bressure, scheduled to have root of front tooth removed. Should I cancel the appointment?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
What is your name, doctor, please? I am 81 and have been in nearly perfect health. Blood pressure has normally been 135/80. This morning I woke up a few minutes before 6, took my blood pressure and surprisingly, it was 109 over 67, pulse 77. I became concerned. at 5:43. it was 108 over 68; at 6:36AM it was 109 over 71, pulse 71.
At 9:40 this AM I have a dental appointment to have a root removed of a front tooth, to make preparation for a dental imploant. Should I cancel the appointment? XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 1 hour later
Dear ,
Thank you for the query. Your Blood pressure variation may be because of apprehension of root removal. Please keep yourself calm, Take all the medication properly as advised by your doctors. I do not feel there is any need to cancel the appointment. Please inform the dentist regarding the variation of BP, if necessary they may check before the procedure. Your pulse is also within acceptable limits.
Wishing you very Happy experience with the dentist!

Hope I have cleared your doubts. If yes, kindly accept the answer. If you need any further clarrifications you are most well-come.
with happy regards,