High HDL,low LDL and triglycerides,bilateral morbus meniere,arthritis,restless legs,low card diet

Hi, I wonder about my levels: HDL 126, LDL 115, triglycerides 47, total 255, 52 years, female, chronic illness: bilateral morbus meniere, arthritis, restless legs.
Why is my HDL so high? I am trying to stay on a lowcarb diet, non smoker.
I see my HDL and triglycerides are very different from others...
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

Cholesterol components have individual significance. While all high levels of cholesterol components except are associated with high risk of heart disease. High HDL has negative risk factor protecting against heart disease and other cholesterol associated complications.

High HDL is usually associated with low LDL and Triglyceride. The relation is logical.

Thanks to your diet and probably physical activity, the HDL levels are high with low triglycerides in you. It is a GOOD NEWS to both to us doctors and to you. Continue with the good and healthy diet and stay healthy. You can rightfully say I have protected myself against bad cholesterol and thus against future heart disease.

Keep up the good work!!!

Hope my answer was reassuring and at the same time motivating. I am available to answer your follow up queries as well.