High BP, taking Telista AM, diabetic. Continue telista / any other medication?

My BP is 165/113 at 9.30 PM today.I am a diabetic with Hb1AC at 7,and 53 yrs old.The BP problem is for the past 1 wk.My Dr has prescribed Telista AM OD.My other parameters are within limits and has been approved by the Dr exceopt BP. Can I continue Telista or Amcard AT will be better? or any other medicine please.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) What is your height and weight?
2.) Since how long are you Diabetic?
3.) Are you taking your medications regularly?

You are on absolutely right medications and there is no need for you to change them. Just take the medications as directed by your Doctor, Blood pressure will come down gradually.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
3.) Go for regular brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily, this will keep your Blood pressure and Blood sugar under fairly good control.
4.) Limit your salt intake to less than 2500mg per day.
5.) Avoid high calorie foods.
6.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
7.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.