High BP due to alcohol and fried food, need to bring it down. Amlong tablet safe to take ?

ENT Specialist
Hi I am 35 Yrs old male.

Am 1.82 and weigh 115 Kgs. I have high BP from the last 2 days between 135/105 to 140/95 because was partying with friends for a couple of nights and ending up having a lot of booze and fried food stuff. I need to travel long haul out for coutry tomorrow and want to get my BP down and normal so that I am comfortable travelling & conducting business. Can not take ALPREX as it makes me feel drugged. Can I take 1 AMLONG Tablet a day 2.5mg or no??

Pls advise.

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

According to the history you have provided, the transient increase in Blood pressure noticed in two different occasions is termed as “Labile Hypertension” or “Transient Hypertension”. Transient hypertension signifies blood pressure that goes higher temporarily and later returns to normal.

Causes include emotional, environmental and physical. Physical cause is attributed to the intake of certain substances such as caffeine, nicotine and legal or illegal stimulants of various kinds that may cause transient hypertension.

Transient hypertension does not require any anti-hypertensive medicines, as it can be easily controlled with exercises and diet. Amlong cannot be prescribed without considering other health factors. It may adversely affect the metabolic and other health indicators. If at all you want to start on anti-hypertensive medicine, then ACE inhibitors are the best choice.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar