High BP, anxious. Why is BP fluctuating? Start taking medication?

My name if XXXXXXX I'm 48 years old. At the beginning of December My doctor took my blood presurre and it was 150/60. That day I was a little ansious , so I thought it was because of that. Now I'm taking it every two days in the morning and in the aftternoon. In the morning it ranges from 120/80, 117/78, 130/85,119/82 and in the afrenoon it goes up 143/89,124/85/108/78 etc.... What should I do? I don't want to start taking medication. What are your suggestions?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

I am happy to know that you are measuring your blood pressure regularly.

It is normal to have diurnal variation of blood pressure and it generally tends to be on the higher side in the afternoons.

All your readings except one are within normal limits and you certainly dont need to be on medications. However please do the following;

1. Practice cardio exercises like jogging, cycling, swimming for atleast 30 min a day for 5 days a week.
2. Avoid oily and food XXXXXXX in saturated fat like cheese, butter, etc,.
3. Abstain from smoking.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health.