Hi my father in XXXXXXX has this severe skin condition

Dermatologist
Question
Hi my father in XXXXXXX has this severe skin condition and it looks like his skin is rotting on his back. he is in his 90's and is crippled due to old age and health issues. he has been lying on bed for past 3 years. is there any Drs who can take a look at attached photo and help please. is there any medicine I can buy from UK and send to my father.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bed sores, zinc oxide 40 percent cream or neosporin ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and your father seems to be having bed sores.
If I was your treating doctor I would him to apply zinc oxide 40 percent cream on the affected areas twice daily but I don't know whether this will be available as over the counter medicine in UK.
If you don't get this medicine in UK you can ask him to apply topical antibiotic like Neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Dr Asmeet