Hi my baby 3 week old slept yesterday for 6

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hi my baby 3 week old slept yesterday for 6 hours continuously without waking for feed and even I forced her to get up she did not. Is this normal?
And one more thing I am feeding her for 15 min on each breast and she seems full and some milk she vomits after each feed; but I still have milk in my breasts and they turn heavy should I force her to feed extra?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
How is the urine output

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Adequacy of feeding is judged by urine output ( atleast 6 to 8 times daily minimum), good sleep in between feeds, and weight gain .
If your baby is doing well in all the three i mentioned, no need to worry. Sometimes occasionally they may sleep at a stretch . But keep a close watch on urine output and activity and playfulness inbetween sleep.
If these are fine, no need to worry.
Babies tend to satisfy their requirement in 15 minutes. Your breast may still feel full, but do not overfeed if she is bringing milk out.
What i advice usually is to feed from the same breast next time so that it empties and baby gets the hindmilk ( rich in fat ).
Once you feel that one side is empty then only you should switch to other breast.
Hope i cleared your doubts.
Wishing your baby good health.
Dr Arun

Follow-up: Hi my baby 3 week old slept yesterday for 6 1 hour later
She is passing urine 10 to 12 times in a day

Answered by Dr. Arun 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That is good

Detailed Answer:
If so then no need to worry.
She is getting enough nutrition.