Hi, i have back pain (upper back both sides and

Neurologist
Question
Hi, i have back pain (upper back both sides and left leg its like a) from last few days, increased from last 3/4 days. it hits more while sleeping and turning sides. i sleep sideways. I had tingling in nerve on my right leg couple of weeks ago it was like pain n uneasiness within, not this has shifted to left leg. if i move my shoulders left right it hurts in central back.
i work on computer a lot, like sitting on chair for 5/6 hours everyday, earlier it was more than that but now i try to keep it flat n reduce my time in same posture. anyway o came across an artical which showed symptoms similar to what i have in sciatica. i am assuming maybe winters are coming so probably its hurting but i never had such pain before. Could you please suggest what should i do about it. also can i go to gym, as i was about to start in couple of days.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI Spine may be done/ Withhold gym for now.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The symptoms which you have described appears due to some disc related nerve root compression. They appear to be sciatica like. I suggest that its better to go for a MRI Lumbosacral spine with whole spine (for upper back) screening to look for the spine related issues, if any.
Meanwhile, you can start a short course of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines. A typical prescription like this would be of help-
1)Tab Etoshine-MR twice a day for 4 days(after meals)
2)Tab Pantocid 40 mg once a day(empty stomach)

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)