Hi doctor my baby was crawling and somehow managed to

Pediatrician
Question
Hi doctor my baby was crawling and somehow managed to hit hes head on the floor yesterday. I put ice and little vicks and sudocream. TodAy again he was crawling and tripped and hit hes head on the same place on the forehead just above the right eye. It has swelled up and little bruised.
Im worried... i hope it doesnt affect him. I have attached a photo of the bump
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch. Does not seem to be a cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that going by the description and image things do not appear unusual. If 'head injury' occurs, it will not be without manifestations. The main concern could be the ominous signs of head injury which are:
* Vomiting
* Severe headache
* Altered consciousness or Loss of consciousness
* Convulsions

I assume that none of these have occurred. Unless any of these are present you need not worry. If any of these occur, you would need to get a CT scan of the brain done.

Give paracetamol or acetaminophen in case the child is irritable due to pain.

Let me know if I could help further.