Hi doctor i have my period due Nd i havent

Question
Hi doctor i have my period due Nd i havent got them however i have alot of abdominal cramps and also tooo much discharge thats white and milky and slimy and also water too much of it. I have been sexually active however am using condoms and i had a baby 7 months ago.. could it be pregancy? Or is it just a delayed period maybe. And im not breastfeeding
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do a urine test to find out.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

The delay in periods can be due to pregnancy or due to a hormonal disturbance. The white and milky discharge that you have can be related to a vaginal infection which can be confirmed after a direct examination.

It is best to test your urine using pregnancy kit available over the counter to confirm or rule out pregnancy.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Hi doctor i have my period due Nd i havent 1 hour later
Ok should i wait till tomorrow and then do a urine test? Today is day 24 of my cycle. Maybe its delayed by a day or 2 i am getting alot of period like cramps and the discharge is too much. I also have dark yellow urine. I am trying to have lots of water too.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection needs treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Do wait till your periods are overdue by at least 3-5 days. You should do the test after day 33 of the cycle. It is too early to get a positive test even if you are pregnant. The discharge is suggestive of infection. Do consult a gynecologist and get suitable antibiotics prescribed after an examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi doctor i have my period due Nd i havent 13 hours later
Ok il get a urine test done to rule out infsction. I doubt i am pregnant as i used condoms. Arent condoms like very effective. I am getting lots of period cramps i think it just might be a delayed period. Lets see. Its alot of water discharge and also thick white discharge both types

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
You need a vaginal swab culture to rule out vaginal infection. Urine test will only rule out a urine infection. Condoms provide only 75% protection against pregnancy. The failure rate with condoms is high.
The cramps can be due to infection. Pregnancy is less likely.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi doctor i have my period due Nd i havent 44 minutes later
Does vaginal infection stop periods?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:
The vaginal infection does not affect the periods.
Regards.