Hi doctor, I have been having a lot of discomfort

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi doctor,
I have been having a lot of discomfort in my stomach area for a few months now so i went and had an endoscopy done. The doctor called me today to tell me something showed up on the swab but i am away for 2 months and am panicking it could be h pylori. The reason why i am freaking out is bc i know that hyplori could result in stomach cancer and is treated with antibiotics like amoxicillin. I have been on amoxicillin so many times over the past 15 yrs for utis and am worried that if i have h pylori why it hasnt gone away with all the antibiotics i have been on.
Is this the only thing that the swab can detect? Or could there be other findings other than h pylori?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Proper H.pylori protocol has to be taken.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

As per your query my dear patient Amoxicillin is given in high doses with Tinidazole and Omeprazole for 21 days to eradicate H.pylori infection.This is called H.Pylori protocol.

Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily has to be taken with Tinidazole 1gram twice daily with Omeprazole 40 mg once daily for 21days.
All are prescription medicines.
Most likely Its H.Pylori only as in most of the cases H.pylori is there in gut epithelium.
Proper treatment as per H.pylori protocol has to be taken for 21 days initially to eradicate H.pylori.Off and on treatment with Amoxicilin won’t help.

Hope i cleared your doubts.

Thanks!