Hi, I have severe anxiety when I think about the

Question
Hi, I have severe anxiety when I think about the possibility of me spreading cold sores to my son. My husband and I both get them and our son is 2. Ever since having him, my anxiety has just been exasterbated. With that being said, I’ve been reading a lot of conflicting information online about the transmission of HSV1 by breathing (breath droplets or breathing from your nose if you have them inside as well. I would just really like to know once and for all if t is possible to transmit the cold sore virus by breathing or talking to someone. I want to eventually have another child, but with the fear I must get it under control before that happens. Thank you so much!
Posted 6 days ago in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....cold virus doesn't get transmitted by talking to someone
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although cold sore virus gets transmitted when one has an active sore on him and there is direct skin to skin touch with someone else,but it can be transmitted even if a person doesn't have any active sore on him.
This virus doesn't transmit by talking or breathing near someone.
Although the most common mode of transmission is kissing but it can spread by other means also like....
Contact with an item that has come in contact with a cold sore
Sharing napkins,towels,toothbrush,drinks,utensils etc.
Touching the sore and then touching other person
Performing oral sex with a person having active genital herpes 

I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks