Hi, I cannot sleep at night even on days that

Question
Hi, I cannot sleep at night even on days that I don't do excersise at all nor can I sleep during the day and if I do sleep at night I sleep late and wake up early . What is this ?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:

I will like to know for how long this has been happening? Alsom do you feel refreshed when you wake up? Also, are there any difficult issues ongoing in your life at this time? like studies, relationship, etc?

In the interim you can take 25mg of benadryl at bedtime for improved sleep while we look for possible causes and definitive treatment.

I look forward hearing from you.

Waiting...

Follow-up: Hi, I cannot sleep at night even on days that 35 minutes later
It's been going on for a while . I first got it when I was 17years old but it was for a few weeks then I returned to sleep normal but when I turned 19 I been having it for months and it doesn't go away. I fall asleep about 5am even if I try early it won't work and I wake up at 7am and sometimes I don't get sleep at all. I'm just worried because I'm really trying to do good in school. No I have no stress or worries at all.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try benadryl at bedtime (9pm).

Detailed Answer:

I will encourage you to try benadryl 25mg at bedtime. Report the progress to me.

However, 2hours of sleep a day is almost an impossibility. Maybe there are other intervals you fall asleep and have failed to report them.

I await your updates. In the interim, good luck with studies and all.