Hi. I am insulin dependent diabetic who uses medtronic 751NAL

Question
Hi. I am insulin dependent diabetic who uses medtronic 751NAL insulin pump. Earlier this week medtonic claims I must provide a month's worth of blood glucose readings before each sale of 3ml resevoirs per medicare e-mail. I've called medicare 6 times on this matter this week. My responses have ranged for extreeme laughter, to let me look, and I can't find anything on this. I have had to put my patient health care advocate LLC on it which charges $250 per hour. I have been lied to before by medtronic and my endocrinologist when they say medicare does requires something yet people working 28 year for medicare in internal medicine claim I am being lied to. It takes a lot of leg work to speak to these 28 yr employees who also swear they just checked the latest announcements on practices and practices to be implementd. So how do I get my resevoirs from Medtronic for my insulin pump. I no live without insulin and my pump. Suggestions please. My doctor downloads info from my pump so why does Medtronic need it to the point where it endangers my life because I cannot get pump supplies so I can give myself insulin?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicare can directly contact Medtronics to issue the insulin pump

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

I have gone through your question and I understand that Medicare does not have such a requirement for the issue of insulin pump. In such case, I suggest that the best option is to ask Medicare to directly contact Medtronics regarding their approval to issue the insulin pump/reservoirs without the 1 month blood sugar readings. You can also request your provider to share the available blood sugar readings with Medtronics and let them know the importance of insulin pump usage for your blood sugar control.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi