Hi, I am 13 weeks pregnant. I suffer from dust

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hi, I am 13 weeks pregnant. I suffer from dust mite allergy which has got worse since pregnant. It is currently keeping me awake, 2 in the morning now and itchy eyes, sneezing, itchy throat. I have 0.5% neoclarityn in the house and also cetriz. I am wondering is it safe to use these. I had stopped taking anything while pregnant but it is really bad at the moment.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Safe to take and apply

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
You can take both neoclaritryn and levocetrizine in pregnancy for dust mile allergy.
Moreover, you should consult a dermatologist if your allergy and symptoms have increased, as you may require regular antiallergic or mild steroid.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN