Hi Doctor, Myself and my husband are planning to have

Question
Hi Doctor, Myself and my husband are planning to have a baby. However, I have certain queries regarding my health profile. Recently in the month of XXXXXXX I have been diagnosed with Severe Anemia and I took few iron infusions and as of now all my levels are absolutely fine.I have enclosed all my latest reports for your reference. My present weight is 43 kgs. I would like to know that is my health condition and weight good enough to have a baby or should I wait for any further improvement. I am taking the necessary diet to gain but kindly advise in regard to my health profile, if I should wait for some more months to be healthier or I can proceed to plan. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First gain some weight.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history, reports and understand your concerns fully.
As your reports are almost normal you can think or plan for pregnancy right away.
but as your weight is quite low ,In my opinion you must increase it, than plan for pregnancy ,it is better for you and your baby.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, Myself and my husband are planning to have 21 minutes later
Thank you for the reply doctor. Can you please help me know , as how much weight is ideal enough to gain for me at this point.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
At least 10kg.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
You are always welcome.
As you only 45kg right now, for average height person ( I don't know your height) the weight should be 55-58 kg.
So you have to gain at least 8-10 kg before getting pregnant.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.