Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it take to get cure?

General Surgeon
Hi, I had Hernia surgery a month ago . I still do not feel good. I have pain when I walk and pain in my right upper leg. I had open surgery. I even have pain in my right butt and back. Is this alright , and how long will it take for me to feel better.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 8 hours later

As per your query, you had undergone Hernia surgery a month ago.
As you are 62 years,the Surgeon might have used Mesh made of Prolene in order to prevent recurrence. As the Prolene mesh is a foreign body and is fixed to the surrounding structures, it will take some time for the completion of healing process. Till then,there will be some discomfort. Nothing to worry.

Everything will subside soon. There is no time limit. Please do not strain the Surgery site. In the mean time you can take Muscle relaxant and B complex tablet with Anti oxidants.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

If you have any further questions, I will clarify.