Hemoglobin goes from 11.6 to 11.2 in 19 days? Normal? Bleeding internally?

Is it normal for my hemoglobin to go from 11.6 to 11.2 in a matter of 19 days? Or could I be bleeding internal?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 24 days later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Minor variations such as yours is not medically significant. These could be the result of laboratory variation (bias); such minor variations are very common. If there are no other symptoms; you need not worry about that.

Since your hemoglobin is low, consult your doctor and understand the cause. A peripheral smear examination and reticulocyte count (along with other investigations like hemoglobin electrophoresis) may be ordered to identify the cause of anemia.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty