Hello there, Last night I was feeling unusually sleepy and

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello there,
Last night I was feeling unusually sleepy and exhausted. I took a nap and when I woke up I noticed my right hand was feeling tingly. I didn’t think much of it because I was sleeping with my newborn and thought she maybe had slept on my right hand. After I while I got off the couch to go into my room and lay down. I then closed my eyes and it’s hard to explain what happened. I saw a bunch of shapes and like tracers, along with a disoriented feeling. As soon as I would open my eyes the vision changes stopped, but I continued to feel a little dizzy and scared. I noticed my right hand was slightly weaker than my left when I made a fist. I had a deep tissue massage last week and I feel he may have pressed too hard on my neck. My neck hurts a little in the right side.
Do you think I may have had a TIA? Should I take some aspirin? Immediately after the episode I felt fine, despite the slight weakness in my right hand. I’m currently breastfeeding. I live in a small town with a small hospital and am considering having my husband drive me to a hospital tomorrow in another city.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Accident and Emergency
Follow-up: Hello there, Last night I was feeling unusually sleepy and 2 minutes later
Sorry, I forgot to add that I have had a slight headache today and the neck pain remains but all other symptoms are gone. I also forgot to ask if I should go see my regular doctor instead of the ER. Thank you very much for your time.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be cervical pain or gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,in my opinion you are having either cervical pain or gastritis.You can take antacid empty stomach and muscle relaxant like thiocholchicoside 4mg along with aceclofenac twice daily.Do hot fomentation and avoid pillow,you will get relief.If you does not get relief than you may consult your regular doctor.
Numbness and tingling sensation and weakness are also due to cervical pain,aspirin will not help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal