Ask a Urologist   »  

Hello doc, I am feeling embarrassed by excessive urination. I

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello doc, I am feeling embarrassed by excessive urination. I drink 3-4 liter in normal working day. But If I consume more water than I have to go to the toilet for more for urination. Last year I have been in north eastern area for a month. There I have felt more urination than a normal day. I was having less water there as temperature was low. One friend of mine has stated that it happens in case of diabetes. But I m not diabetic. Please suggest, is it because of any organ issue or there is something else. Also suggest how can I manage water consumption and urination.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide few more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have been facing problem of frequency of urination .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you any other symptoms like urgency ,burning ,nocturnal frequency for urination ?
2) Do you have fever with chills ?
3) Have you done routine urine or urine culture tests ?
4) Do you have pain in abdomen ?
5) Do any of your parents have diabetes?

Get following basic tests done to help to establish diagnosis
1) Blood tests for sugar on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes
2) Routine urine and urine culture
3) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen

Expecting your feedback to make precise comments .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Hello doc, I am feeling embarrassed by excessive urination. I 1 hour later
Thank for replying...
I am not facing any problems of burning, nocturnal frequeny.
Not having fever or chills.
No abdomen pain
My parents r diabetic.

I have done HBa1c. Results was 5.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for update.

Excessive urination in absence of any urinary symptoms without nocturia has no significance and not to be worried for .

Anxiety or stress is one of the factors for excessive urination .

Reducing your water intake to 2 liters during day time will help to reduce frequency for urination .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.