Hello, I am feeling very weak. My palms and feet

Excellent

Question

I am feeling very weak. My palms and feet are cold and I am having diarrhoea. It feels as if there is heat coming out of my eyes.
Please suggest some medicines

Viswesh
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take ORS

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have read your query and it seems like viral gastro-enteritis. This is a self-limiting condition and gets better by itself.

First and most important treatment is to take ORS made in clean water. It should be taken after every motion and vomiting or as guided by thirst. It will help avoid any electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, fever, infection.

To combat feverish feeling you can take Tab paracetamol 500 mg 3-4 times a day.

Tab Imodium can be taken 1-2 times a day as required to stop the intestine motion.

Antibiotics may be started if there is any blood in stools, excessive diarhea or diarhea lasts more than 4-5 days.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee