Ask a Urologist   »  

Hello Doctor, I have a question related to testicles. One

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I have a question related to testicles. One of my testicle is half the size of the other, which bothers me. I had shown it to my general physician, he says its completely fine.
I do not have any pain or any issue. But still when I look at it, I feel a bit scared.
Please let me know if it is normal.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get Ultasound Scanning of Scrotum done .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have a doubt about one of your testicle being smaller than it's counterpart.

In absence of any symptom it does happen that in 1% population the size of one testicle is smaller than other from birth .However functionally it is as normal as it's counterpart .

Consult qualified General Surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination and get the scanning done .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.