Hello Doctor. Hope you are doing well. I have written

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hello Doctor.

Hope you are doing well. I have written several times to you earlier to clarify my doubts on my single ventricle condition and every time I got the best answer that I can wish for.

I was suffering from severe fever since Sunday and also having throat infection and cold. I used Azee 500 and paracetemol for three days and I feel bit recovered. However, I still have mild throat infection and cough and I am sure this will go away in couple of days. But I have been having a strange feeling on my chest that I am able to feel my heartbeat even at rest without placing my hands on my chest (or unpleasant awareness of my own heartbeat) I do not have any pain or its causing me any trouble but its bit distracting. My heartbeat is definitely not over 100, nor I feel a strong pulse anywhere on my body.

is recent fever the reason for my unusual heartbeat feeling or is it anything I need to worry about? will this go by itself or is there any way I can get rid of this feeling? I have been having this since last 2 days.

Awaiting your response.

Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear XXXXXXX

Nothing can beat this overwhelming feeling when one of your patients remember you and appreciate your opinions and advice.

Yes you are absolutely right dear, the heart beat which you are feeling is just because of your fever and throat infection. Both of these are a kind to stress to the normal physiological system of our body in response to which our heart beats a little heavily and fast.

But here I wanna assure you that it will completely go away once you recover completely. Also I would like to suggest you to complete the 5 days course of Azee to avoid relapse of sore throat. And use XXXXXXX warm water all the time for drinking.

I hope this information will relieve your worries. Take care of yourself.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap