Heavy headed feeling, throat numbness, cheek numbness, stiff shoulder and neck

I am a 58 yr old female. I have a had a "heavy headed" feeling almost a buzz periodically for about 5 days. When it starts I also sometimes get a numbness in my throat or around one cheek area. Also my right shoulder/neck area gets "heavy" or stiff. It goes away after a while - no time frame but comes back again off and on all day.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Although there can be various reasons for your light headed feeling ranging from non serious to serious reasons.
But since you are having these feeling only for past five days and symptoms are mild,I advise you to undergo following investigations done
Get your blood pressure measurement done as you measured it way back in 2011
Get your blood sugar done as hypoglycemia may cause light headedness
Get tested for iron and VIT B12 as their deficiency an result light headedness and numbness
Get serum calcium and VIT D estimation
You must consult your doctor and get yourself examined physically and get above mentioned investigations done
It is only after these investigations are done,that we may think of proceeding ahead with other investigations,if required.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck.