Heartburn with belching. Blood pressure keeps varying. No sweating and nausea. Anything wrong?

II had heartburn with burping belching its so uncomfortable with the acid coming up. I decided to take my blood pressure the reading showed 117/68 but the pulse rate was 101 , a few minutes later went down to 99, but took half an hour to get it down to 89. I did eat a spicy meal .
No sweating nausea

Today I am fine normal pluse of 77-89
as a note I felt it on the left side
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Bhisoma,
What I understood from your history is you had acidity following a spicy meal. At that time you had a normal BP (117/67) with a raised pulse rate of 101. Your concern is a high pulse rate.
Let me tell you that a normal pulse rate range is 60-100 per minute. and if it is above 100, then it is called tachycardia. one of the most important cause is anxiety or stress due to any cause, which was the reason in your case last time.
Now you are absolutely normal and I don't think you need any intervention.
For your own satisfaction you may undergo an electrocardiography(ECG).

Best wishes
Follow-up: Heartburn with belching. Blood pressure keeps varying. No sweating and nausea. Anything wrong? 5 minutes later
thank you for your answer. I still have that burning sensation going down my throat and sourness at the back of my throat . There is also a pain left back near rib area what can I take to relive the pressure and burning.

So the 101 pulse was probably due to the anxiety of the gas pains? For moment with all the burping and soreness It felt like I was going out of breath.. Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proton pump inhibitors will help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up,
You may take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole or rabeprazole to decrease the acid secretion in the stomach. The pain you are feeling is due radiation of pain from the stomach to back due to same neuronal supply. I think you will certainly get relief by these drugs.

Yes 101 pulse was most probably due to anxiety and stress.