Heartburn, light headedness, muscle weakness. Difficulty in standing. Diagnosed with sinusitis

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
HI, I have had what the Drs. say is sinusitis but for the last two weeks my legs are so very weak and hurt when I stand. Today I've had muscle weakness and very bad heartburn with some light headedness.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Unfortunately your history is not detailed - What are your symptoms that led the doctor label it as sinusitis?
Are you on any medicines for sinusitis?

As mentioned in your medical history you are already on Lexapro and a known side effect of the same is fatigue, which can be correlated to your symptoms of weakness in legs and light headedness

You may try reducing the dose and see if the symptoms reduce.

The heartburn is secondary to GERD.

You already are on prilosec, you may double the dose of the same for twice a day

Care to be taken with GERD:
1] Avoid spicy & fermented diets
2] Avoid coffee and aerated drinks
3] Avoid heavy meals
4] Take small frequent meals
5] Avoid smoking and alcohol
6] Wear loose clothes
7] Avoid stooping and Raise the head end of your bed

Hope all clear. I am available for follow up if any.

Get Well Soon