Heart disease. Had an angioplasty and a stent put in. Having arm pain. Should I go to the hospital?

Hello, my mom is 58, and has heart disease. About 5-6 weeks ago she had an angioplasty and a stent put in. This was when we first learned she had heart disease, and she had her other arteries checked and they were fine. Tonight she has begun to have left arm pain again, but worse than last time. Should we go to the hospital or is this just from over exertion?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 21 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in. I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
If it is only arm pain and no other symptoms listed below. You can wait to go to hospital for few hours. But if she has any of the following take her to ER immediately.
1. Chest pain or suffocation, partial or complete relief with nitroglycerine tablet.
2. Shortness of breath, especially difficulty in lying down.
3. Chest discomfort with rapid respiratory rate
4. Feeling unwell like she has feel that she is going to have heart attack
5. Fall in blood pressure
6. Rise in heart rate/pulse rate above 110 (BP monitor shows the heart rate also)
7. Complains of missing beats, skipped beats, giddines has, black out

She needs to be reassured. But stent thrombosis is real danger and can occur must be kept in mind. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW