Heard popping sound from head. Started sweating and getting headache. Is this serious?

Question
Today while training juijitsu I had got the back of my head squeezed like any other time training, I heard a pop and felt a pop come from the right side of my head, basically felt like a vien had popped underneath my skin and skull about 15 min later I got sick to my stomach and started to sweat, that lasted a min or so... That was about 6 hours ago now I have slight headache and weird sensations around area where it sounded like a knuckle pop and on top of my head tingly like?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern,

Let me assure you that your problem is not serious at all.

In the absence of vomiting, loss of consiousness, weakness of leg/hand etc, you should not worry at all. I will advise you to observe your self and if you continue to have problem, you may get a local neurologist to examine and evaluate you.
Please stay relaxed

I hope that this clarfies your query,
Let me know if you have any other issue in this regard
I will be very happy to help you

Best wishes

Follow-up: Heard popping sound from head. Started sweating and getting headache. Is this serious? 7 hours later
Hello at times I do feel like vomiting,or a quick
Feeling of nausea then it passes!! Not sure if
I'm worrying to much making myself feel sick.
But all I do know is I don't feel myself...

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later

Thanks for the feed back

I understand your concern

If you are so concerned, I suggest you to undergo a detailed neurological evaluation including scans. This will rule out any neurological cause for the same.

I still believe that you may wait and observe your self for some time.

Let me know if you need any further help in this issue

Best wishes