Heard about Swarna Prashana for children. Is it safe and will it collide with english vaccination?

I have heard about Swarna XXXXXXX Prashana for children which will be done at Ayurvedic centers only on PUSHYA star every month. Is this really worth for the kids? Does it makes any harm to the kids? Will it collide with regular English Vaccinations? Though I am convinced with the medicine my wife is not fully convinced. Hence I request you to talk to her on and give enough education about this medicine. Thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No controlled study done

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

There is not documented controlled study on this and hence it is difficult to either confirm or contradict the claim made for Swarna XXXXXXX Prashan. A documented controlled double blind study can tell about the effectiveness of this medicine. I am not saying that Ayurvedic preparations are not good but claims should be followed with documented proof.

To answer your queries:
1. Difficult to say if it is really worth for the kids.
2. As no documented studies are present it is difficult to say whether or not it will harm the kid.
3. It is claimed to be an immunity booster and hence should not react with the normal vaccines.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing your son all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal