Headaches, dizziness, body pain, vomiting, sore left shoulder, low BP. Causes and treatment ?

For the last 2 weeks I've been feeling dizzy, headaches, body aches, no fever. Went to GP on Thursday, BP 83/65. I've been off work weds, thurs, fri (weekends off too) due to aforementioned symptoms as well as vomiting, tummy ache and persisting headaches (forehead, brow and eye sockets all the time + some times on the back of scalp RH side). Tummy ache reminds me of same sort of ache as when I had appendectomy (9 yrs ago) but NOT as sharp - but same sort of feeling sore beneath both ribs.
Also sore left shoulder - especially shoulder blade. Been to chiropractor for it several times, last time 3 weeks ago he corrected on a rib close to sternum. This pain is dull for the most part, but with some short pangs on the middle of back. My feet feel like they're burning, as if having jumped down from somewhere high and tingling from impact. Fingers are tingling and feel rather dormant. This is new, and it's the same for both sides yet left side feels more like elbow is involved somehow.
My confusion is from what is due to bad shoulder and what is low BP-related. Also GP didn't specify why BP could be low but suspected virus infection (flu?) as blood test (prickle in finger) was fine. I also wonder if symptoms get worse because I worry (panicking?). What bothers me the most right now is worry from headache and tingling in fingers.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later

The pain in the shoulder with abdominal pain and vomiting can be due to intestinal infection causing irritation of the diaphragm and the pain is referring to the shoulder blade.

The second possibility is of frozen shoulder.

A generalized viral infection can also be associated with pain abdomen and headache. Hypotension can be caused by infection but does not itself cause all these symptoms.

You need to have a detailed clinical examination by your primary physician to find out the exact cause. An ultrasound scan will help in ruling out any serious abdominal causes of pain.

Meanwhile avoid having oily and spicy food. You can take Ibuprofen for shoulder pain. Hot fomentation and local analgesic gel application will also help.

Regarding tingling in your fingers, it could be due to cervical spondylitis, irritating the nerves supplying your finger muscles. It could be the cause for headache and pain in the shoulder region too. X-ray/MRI of cervical spine would be helpful to rule out this pathology. Discuss this possibility with your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.