Headaches, cold sweats. Fluctuating blood pressure. Dangerous?

I just found out I had high blood pressure. I had 146/126 this week. Started takin Benicar with water pill in it and it went down ok, except about 1-2 hours after taking I would crash for a couple of hours to around 97/63 then go back up to normal by end of day. i have had a severe headache the first couple of days, but it has lessened- still have one though. I just took a 1/2 pill today. I just woke up feeling strange, tingly, cold sweats, headache. Took my blood pressure it was 146/88. Is this dangerous?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 18 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would suggest that you see your treating physician as soon as possible as the low blood pressure that you are experiencing can be XXXXXXX at times. The dose may have to be suitably modified so that this condition does not arise again. But do not increase or decrease the dosage of medicines seeing your Blood Pressure readings without consulting your Doctor.

In the meantime, follow these lifestyle modifications at home to keep your blood pressure under control:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Limit daily salt intake to less than 2.5 grams.
3.) Exercise regularly including brisk walking for 30 to 40 minutes daily. This will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep Blood pressure under fairly good control.
4.) Avoid high calorie, fatty and junk foods.
5.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
6.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
7.) Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries if any.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.