Headache, cold, sneezing, back pain. What should I do?

Nov 2013

From past one month getting more head ache and cold with sneezing, I can feel that some nerve pains in head!!
Last week had a head ache along with back ache (even whole body pain), got fever for 3 days. Now again head ache started and not able concentrate on work.
Please suggest me what I should do?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
The most likely cause for headache in your case is migraine. It is characterized by headaches lasting for four hours or longer. It is associated with nausea or vomiting. Headaches tend to get worse on exposure to bright light or noise.
In addition, you also have allergic rhinitis leading to cold and sneezing.
You need to start preventive medications (to prevent recurrence of headaches). Commonly used drugs include flunarizine and topiramate. You can consult a neurologist to get the prescription. After clinical examination, he may order for a brain scan, if necessary.
For pain relief, you could take DOLO (PARACETAMOL) 650 mg as and when necessary.
Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad