Head of penis and foreskin is dry, itchy with white specs. What could it be?

Urologist
Question
the head of my penis and under my foreskin is dry, itchy, and gets little white specs right by the hole where i pee. it doesnt hurt when i pee but when i pull my foreskin back it burns a little but feels more raw than anything. i have multiple sex partners but always use a condom. i hope its a uti, or that i'm allergic to condoms. not anything else.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching of the glans penis and foreskin and getting pain while retracting your foreskin.

Have you ever tested your blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes?

Since itching of the foreskin and glans is first presenting symptom of diabetes, get your blood sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch done to rule out diabetes.

Itching and whitish discharge per urethra suggests that you have acquired fungal infection called as Genital Mucocutaneous Candidiasis.

Though you are using condoms while having sex with your multiple partners it is never 100% safe so there are every possibilities of getting fungal infection from your sex partners.

I usually prescribe anti fungal medication like topical anti fungal jelly for local application over glans and foreskin for a week. Oral antifungals like are also being prescribed for the condition. Get the prescription of these drugs from your family physician.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.