Head injury but did not lose consciousness. Sinus headache, nose pain, forehead pain. Should I go back to the ER?

Question
I hit my head really hard about 48 hours ago. I didn't lose consciousness or throw up, and the ER said I was fine after having me follow the doctor's fingers with my eyes and having me push against his hands, etc. No CT Scan. I went to bed, woke up, was fine, but at night got what felt like a sinus headache. Pressure and a little pain in my nose and the middle of my forehead. I woke up this morning and it was gone, but about an hour into the day it came back and hasn't left. I don't feel confused or woozy, but I definitely feel pressure in the front of my head. Should I go back to the ER?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
It seems that you have suffered a minor head injury. The pressure and pain you are feeling is due to a mild concussion of the brain.
For relief, you can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen double strength thrice today after meals and see if it helps in improvement of your symptoms. Also drink plenty of fluids. Your symptoms are likely to improve in next 48 hours.
In case the headache increases or there are symptoms like dizziness, unconsciousness, forgetfulness, blurry vision, etc, then you need to attend ER for further investigations like CT scan and MRI.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Head injury but did not lose consciousness. Sinus headache, nose pain, forehead pain. Should I go back to the ER? 1 hour later
Is the paxil I take XXXXXXX for a head injury? I was once told that it can contribute to internal bleeding, the same way Ibuprofen does. Is that true?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Paxil is associated with an increased inciedence of internal bleeding. If it is combined with pain killers like ibuprofen then chances of bleeding are even more.
Acetaminophen is comparatively safe and does not precipitate bleeding. You can take such a mild pain killer and wait for symptoms to improve.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.