Head-butted at ridge of nose. Having pain and headache. Should I see doctor?

ENT Specialist
I was head-butted at the ridge of my nose three days ago. I still have pain and a headache, should I see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 30 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should see a doctor to get a nasal X-ray to rule out a fracture of the nasal bones. It may be minor, but this would cause the pain to persist.

2. Such pain and headache is common for a few days, however it may be controlled by medication. Do you have nay nasal deviation or swelling? Did you have nay bleeding from the nose or mouth after this incident?

3. You may apply local heat fomentation to help the healing process.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.