Head bang, tender and sore, few headaches.Should i be worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i got a bang to the head 3 days ago it hasnt bruised but is very tender n sore should i be worried or not.. have got a few headaches over last few days..
also my little boy is 3 will be four in july and he gets croup at least 2 to 3 times a mnth why is that? he has ashma so it gets very scary..
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
From your description it seems that you have suffered a minor head injury which has caused a local bruising.
If you can consult a physician easily then it is best to get yourself examined for any neurological deficits. You can also self monitor yourself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile you can do a hot compress in the area of injury and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.
An intermittent croup in a child having asthma is likely to be due to intermittent exacerbation and is not likely to be worrisome. You can get him evaluated from his pediatrician in case it is persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Head bang, tender and sore, few headaches.Should i be worried? 44 minutes later
Okay I will try n get into a dr for my head injury, what type of hot compress shall I use? Like a warm bean bag?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
For hot fomentation, you can use a warm bean bag thrice daily.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.