Having yellow watery liquid coming out of nostril. Smells and pours when bends. Suggest?

I am having a yellow watery liquid coming out of my left nostril only. When i bend over it pours out. It smells. Do i need to see a doctor at all. I have not been sick recently at all and dont feel sick now.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX .

Well looking into your problem you have bad smelling yellow fluid coming out of left nostril that can be purulent fluid which suggests infection . It will be difficult to pin point a single cause for this because it needs physixcal examination to locate the site of infection .

It can be sinus infection or local nasal cause for which antibiotics may be required . I advise you to see an ENT specialist at the earliest so that infection can be traced. Kindly seek medical help at the earliest as this is the XXXXXXX area of facec and there is likelihood of transmitting infection to brain so it should not be delayed.

You CBC , CRP , and fluid c/s will be required and there after appropriate antibiotics can be initiated as your doctor suggests . Possibility of CSF leak needs to be ruled out .

Dr. Shruti